Become a Dental Care Pro with These Tooth Brushing Tips
To ensure the best dental care, you need access to affordable dentists and a great oral hygiene routine. Dentists agree that brushing your teeth twice a day is an essential component of oral health, but many people aren’t getting the most from their efforts because they haven’t been brushing the right way. The following brushing tips can help you check your technique, and ensure that your teeth are getting thoroughly cleaned when you brush.
Brushing Tips You Can Trust
- Spend 30 seconds on each of the four quadrants of your mouth. Your total brushing time should equal two minutes.
- Brush both the inner and outer surfaces of your teeth, holding your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle, and using half-tooth-wide strokes to brush at the gum line.
- When you’re brushing chewing surfaces, hold the brush flat and use gentle back-and-forth strokes.
- When you brush the interior surfaces of your front teeth, tilt the brush, and use the toe of the brush to make gentle strokes in an up-and-down motion.
- To remove food residue and freshen your breath, brush your tongue from back to front in a sweeping motion.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles. It should fit into your mouth comfortably and reach all tooth surfaces.
- When your toothbrush is three to four months old or shows signs of wear, replace it. Frayed bristles do not clean your teeth properly.
- To keep up with the age of your toothbrush, record the date you started using it on the handle with a permanent marker.
- Choose toothpaste that bears the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of approval.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Mishawaka, call The Dental Center of Mishawaka today at (574) 285-0460 or make an appointment.
The Dental Center offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Mishawaka. With 4 affiliated practices throughout Indiana, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At The Dental Center of Mishawaka, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at The Dental Center of Mishawaka.