Open Your Eyes and Mouth to the Healthy Habit of Tongue Cleaning
Have you ever heard of tongue cleaning? It’s long been a daily detox regimen in Ayurvedic and Yogic practices, but it’s becoming a popular method for better dental health and overall wellness. Discover how this hygiene routine can improve your smile and so much more.
How Tongue Cleaning is the Easy Habit that will Make you Smile
Tongue cleaning takes little time and makes a big difference in your dental health, medical state, and overall appearance. This healthy habit provides the following benefits:
- Removes the bacteria and toxins that result in a white tongue
- Cleans both the tongue and the entire mouth to reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease
- Makes the tongue look very clean by eliminating the unattractive coating of a white tongue
- Eliminates bad breath
- Improves your sense of taste
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens the immune system
- Ensures an attractive and healthy smile
Tongue Cleaning in Seven Easy Steps
For best results, use a tongue cleaner when you wake up before eating or drinking anything. This will remove the bacteria and white coating that may have built up overnight. Tongue cleaning can be performed once or twice a day, depending on whether the white coating returns before the next morning. To use a tongue cleaner, follow these trusted tips:
- Before using the tongue cleaner, rinse it well with fresh water.
- Stick out your tongue and hold the edges of the tongue cleaner with your index finger and thumb.
- Place the back, rounded part of tongue cleaner against the back of the tongue.
- Gently pull the tongue cleaner forward to skim off the bacteria and toxins that cause a white tongue.
- Run the tongue cleaner over your tongue as many times as necessary to clean its entire surface.
- When you’re done, wash the tongue cleaner with soap and cold water.
- Enjoy a cleaner, fresher, healthier mouth!
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Mishawaka, call The Dental Center of Mishawaka today at (574) 285-0460 or make an appointment.
The Dental Center offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Mishawaka. With 4 affiliated practices throughout Indiana, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At The Dental Center of Mishawaka, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at The Dental Center of Mishawaka.